We are Travis and Tina. We're planning our low-key urban wedding. These are our tales as we coordinate our celebration.

Friday, February 18, 2011

How We Met

Travis
Above: One of my first photos of Travis when we met in Ojai.

Travis and I met on a weekend trip that 5 folks from our bike club, Mission Cycling, took down to Ojai, CA. We split up into two cars -- five bikes and two people in one and the other three in the other. Travis and I were in the second car -- a rental our friend Ryan drove.

None of us really knew each other and over the course of the 6 hour drive and weekend, the five us quickly bonded. Quintin and I tackled the double metric (123 miles) and Rachel, Ryan and Travis took on the century (100 miles) ride.

I was immediately drawn to Travis. He was humble, funny and cute. By the end of the weekend I realized he was like a real life Michael Cera. He not only impressed with his cycling skills, but he rocked the billiard table and dominoes. A real catch!

We hit it off shortly after the weekend, but Ojai is where our sparks first sparked. That's why one of our wedding colors is "Ojai orange" which I have declared a tangerine color.

I recently dug up the blog entry Ryan wrote up about our weekend for our club blog. There are some lost photo links and wacky formatting, but it's fun to look back and remember the weekend we met.

1 comment:

  1. It's so great that you have a detailed blog entry (courtesy Mission Cycling) that documents your first encounter with each other! Question: How cool is that? Answer: Very!

    ReplyDelete